15, 16s, 17s Tryout Information Schedule
- November 21st; Pre-Registration is closed, walk-ups welcome. Tryout is at Old Trail School, 2315 Ira Road, Akron 44333
- 15s, 16s & 17s American & Regional, 10:15am-12:00pm
- DO NOT ENTER Old Trail through the front main entrance. We access the gym from the back of the building. There is an access driveway that is next to OTS soccer field with a signed posted “Athletic Fields Deliveries”, take this driveway to back of the main building, your daughter will be dropped off and picked-up at the rear entrance of the gym.
We are holding multiple tryout dates and times to help players and families navigate the “tryout season”. Players only need attend one tryout. If you have any question about tryouts, please contact us at [email protected].
Follow these steps to attend a PCVC Tryout:
- Know what age division your daughter is eligible for, click “OVR Age Divisions” www.ovr.org/juniors/divisions.php
- You must bring a Copy of the player registration email receipt you receive upon completion of the tryout registration
- If you are new to JO and the Ohio Valley Region, you must register with USA Volleyball, we’d encourage to watch this brief OVR video. Click on instructions Online Registration System using this link… https://www.ovr.org/register/index.php
- We highly recommend you read the “Common Registration Questions” before you start this process.
- Please note there are only two acceptable registration options for your daughter to be eligible to attend tryouts.
- OVR Junior Tryouts September – December. This is a limited membership that is good for TRYOUTS ONLY. This is an ideal option for those who are unsure if they will be selected by a junior club.
- OVR Junior Girls Membership – Full Membership
- Pre-Register- Complete this online Player Profile Form. NOTE: you must have your USAV membership number handy to complete our Player Profile. We are processing all tryout fees with online-contactless payment procedures. Have your credit card ready to complete tryout form and pay the tryout fee.
- Please remember to bring:
- A completed USA Volleyball Medical Release Form to the tryout,
- Copy of the player registration email receipt you receive upon completion of the tryout registration
Here are PCVC’s protocols for the the 2020 tryout season:
- Only players and coaches are allowed in the building and the gym
- Please bring copy of the tryout confirmation email
We will endeavor to keep this page current and list best practices to comply with Federal, State and Local guidelines. These may change rapidly and unexpectedly, if uncertain, email us.
Masks: Athletes must wear a mask while entering the facility and at all times while NOT playing. Coaching staff will wear masks.
Drop Off Only: We will keep minimal numbers in our gym space. You may walk your child into the facility but will not be allowed to congregate in the facility.
Water Bottle: Bring plenty of water. There will NOT be access to the water fountain.
Social Distancing: All athletes will do their best with guidance from coaches and keep social distance. No huddles, no hugging, high fives, etc. to the best of our abilities.
Athletes will use hand sanitizer:
- Upon entry to the facility
- Upon entry on the courts
- At water breaks
Balls/Equipment: All equipment will be cleaned between sessions.
DO NOT ENTER THE FACILITY IF:
- If you are feeling ill in any capacity
- You or someone in your direct contact has been diagnosed or believes they may have COVID-19
- If you or someone in your home has had a fever in excess of 100.4 in the past 10-14 days
- If you have or had:
- a cough in the past 10-14 days
- a sore throat in the past 10-14 days
- have experienced shortness of breath in the past 10-14 days
- have been experiencing body aching in the past 10-14 days
- Have loss of smell
Maintaining the health and wellness of our staff and all athletes is our top priority. Please abide by all of the above protocols and always error on the side of caution.
In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
Parents, please print and keep a copy of this Sudden Cardiac Arrest flyer
Tryout Results will be emailed to all participants Monday night and Tuesday.
PCVC is aware that financial issues for many may cause a concern to families when considering participation in J.O. We believe all children should have access to sports regardless of a family’s financial situation. For this reason, PCVC has worked hard to find a solution and is in the process of adopting a scholarship program for qualified families to participate at PCVC. Click here for more information PCVC Financial assistance announcement.